1017 Ridge Way
Garland, Texas 75042
To foster development and growth of employees though training, process improvement, and motivation, using innovative approaches and technologies that deliver measurable results while conserving resources.
- Managing & developing training projects through complete lifecycles
- Project and resource management across multi-functional business units
- Instructional design, courseware development, training effectiveness evaluation
- Training delivery – Sales skills training, product training, management skills training, technical training, software training
- Learning Management Systems – Implementation, transition, deployment, administration
- eLearning – Platform implementation, content development, graphic design
Senior Consultant - 11/2007 – Present
Provide enterprise-level learning management and performance management solutions within the human capital management framework. Analyze prospect’s needs, design solution blueprint, perform functional configuration.
- Implement solution for highly regulated and unionized environment. Architect business workflow, and implement Enterprise Learning to address requirements. Enable the customer to be ready for CSA Annex 662 N/M audit.
- Perform large scale content conversion effort, impacting 90,000 end users. Analyze current content standards and develop conversion methodology. Manage content conversion process, testing and content go-live.
- Facilitate content analyses for enterprise-wide conversion of legacy courses to standards-compliance. Deliver best-practices training for customer specific content development needs.
- Provide tools and resources to eliminate the re-authoring of 150 hours of instructional content, resulting in a cost savings of at least $ 3,000,000 in addition to freeing customer resources and enabling the project to be completed within the expected timeframe.
Senior Consultant - 8/2006 – 11/2007
Self-employed contractor/Agency contractor
Manager Technology Training & Interactive Media - 7/2002 - 8/2006
- Deploy Learning Management system for largest US air conditioning manufacturer
- Provide consulting for telecom client to convert courses to SCORM, impacting 15,000employees, courses over 3,000 hours in duration
- Provide content development strategy for largest US financial organization
- Deployed rapid content development mechanism at utility service provider
- Develop software firms first commercial eLearning offering, resulting in $1MM revenue
- Deploy Learning Management system for travel industry service provider
Safety-Kleen, Plano, TX
Senior Consultant Instructional Design & eLearning - 1/2000 - 7/2002
Manage training projects and training delivery to a workforce of over 4,500 employees across 200 business units to include vendors, internal resources, schedules and budget. Coordinate the efforts of five direct reports. Reduced training content development costs by over $600,000 in 2004, simultaneously increasing content development 10-fold by streamlining content development processes. Designed, developed and implemented the company’s eLearning platform, to provide uniform accessibility to just-in-time training and performance support tools. Developed and implemented the companies sales force training program that resulted in $11 Million increased annual revenue. Directed training database (LMS) conversion from proprietary system to SAP/TE. Successfully implemented an eLearning culture throughout the organization that resulted in a measurable increase of knowledge, retention and significant reduction of training cost and time to market. Diversified multimedia-based learning content to include training videos by implementing an in-house video production program.
Consulting Partners, Dallas, TX
CBT Developer - 1/1999 - 1/2000
- Developed courseware for a major telecom company that addressed system changes impacting 50,000 employees
- Reduced a clients’ multimedia development time by 70% by programming a suite of courseware production tools
- Implemented a project cost and resource tracking application.
- Developed performance-based curriculum for Southwestern Bell. Conducted Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews to identify existing processes and created a customer-focused sales training lesson to complement those processes.
HIE, Dallas, TX (now Quovadx)
Produced four commercially distributed eLearning programs focusing on HIE's Enterprise Application Integration Suite. Defined the project scope and timeline. Consulted with programmers and SMEs to create instructional layout and design of course content. Courses included software simulations, as well as skill assessment tools. As Technical Instructor, developed Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification courses by evaluating existing course materials and researching available public sources. Met with SMEs to create learning goals and content. The MCSE certification course included instructor guides, student labs, and a PowerPoint presentation. Advised the 10 other members of the training department on course development techniques and coached them in the area of Instructional Systems Design.
Training Specialist - 3/1998 - 1/1999
Community Credit Union, Plano, TX
Reduced the companies’ on-boarding process by 5-7 days per employee by transitioning new employee training from bi-weekly instructor-led training to a self-paced eLearning program. Converted the 40-hour new-employee certification training from instructor-led to self-study eLearning format to include self-assessments, role-plays and on-the job training. Developed a proprietary LMS to track students' certification and to automatically notify branch management of training progress. Developed the first Consumer Loan Guidelines CBT for Credit Unions.
Learning Specialist/Instructional Systems Designer, 7/1996 - 3/1998
ATC Communications, Addison, TX (now Aegis Communications Group)
Re-engineered the training program for American Express' top-tier customer retention program. Identified knowledge and skill gaps by analyzing satisfaction index reports and call monitoring sessions. Developed measurement devices and instructional systems on a daily basis. Delivered pilot training and on-going training to a workforce of over 2000 employees.
7/1987 Hotelfachschule Villigen, Germany,
Vactaional Degree - Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management
Authorware Flash, Installshield, MS Office, PhotoShop, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Premiere, VBA, Visual Basic 6.0, Captivate
Adobe Certified Instructor
SAP Certified Solution Consulant
- 2004 – Macromedia Show Case Study, Authoring Tools
- 2004 – Macromedia MAX, ROI example featured during keynote address
- 2005 – Brandon Hall Research Report - Content Authoring Tools
- 2005 – APICS Magazine, Simulation Training, March Issue
- 2005 – Macromedia MAX – Presenter – ROI of eLearning
- 2005 – Macromedia MAX – Presenter – Macromedia Captivate for Experts
- 2006 – CFO Magazine – ROI of Rapid Development
- 2006 – Adobe Video Case Study
- 2006 – Excellence in e-learning Judge - Brandon Hall
- 2006 – Streaming Media magazine – Flash Video for Training
- 2007 – Adobe Captivate Certified Instructor
- 2007 – Excellence in e-learning Master Judge - Brandon Hall
- 2007 – Handbook of e-Learning Strategy – e-Learning Guild
- 2008 – Excellence in e-learning Judge - Brandon Hall
- 2009 – SAP Press, Enterprise Learning Book, Contributing Author